From: Tuesday to Sunday
Verona Food & Wine Walking Tour
Verona, Veneto - Italy
About this trip
Verona is the City of Love and Lovers, no doubt about it, but it’s also so much more!
History, good food and lively people make this city a perfect stop for those who want to live local, eat local and feel local… as our motto says!
The Verona Food & Wine Walking Tour is a 3+hour pleasant gastronomic walk through the lovely and love-inspiring streets of the historic center of Verona, with refreshing gourmet stops.
Your tour leader, born and raised in Verona, will bring you to old food shops, historical wine bars and cafés, even an ancient stable turned into a restaurant, owned by one of Verona’s most famous tragedy families (…any guesses?), while showing you the city center and giving you precious information about old monuments, narrow streets and charming alleyways.
Ancient Roman sites, secret corners and other unconventional stops are awaiting you at every step; during the good season, you’ll even have the chance to ride on the funicular railway to enjoy a romantic panoramic view of Verona from above! You’ll taste all typical Veronese dishes: classic cheese and charcuterie appetizers, handmade seasonal dishes such as bigoli with ragù and other gourmet specialties, all paired with delicious local wines. The glorious ending of this tasty experience: artisanal organic gelato in summer or the famous Veronese Christmas dessert in winter. You’re afraid you won’t have enough? Don’t worry about it! We’ll provide so many tastings that you can consider this experience a “progressive lunch”!
Local licensed guide with you through your whole journey
Extra virgin olive oil tasting
Fresh homemade pasta such as Bigoli with meat sauce and Italian ice cream to finish the experience
5 delicious gourmet stops: cheese & charcuterie appetizers, tastings of local white wine and the glorious Valpolicella wines
Amarone red wine paired with a sweet surprise
Ticket for the funicular railway to the highest part of the city*
Departure - Pharmacy "Internazionale" , Piazza Bra, Verona's main square
Departure Time - 10am
Return Time - ca. 1:30pm
Dress Code - Causal
Include - Personal Guide, Lunch
Not Include - Breakfast, Entry Fees, Hotel Pickup
– Price per Person: Adults 85 €/ Kids (6-12) 45 € / Infants (0-6) free
– Departure: 10 am at Piazza Bra 28, under the big clock and the international pharmacy/ return: 1:30 pm
– Cancellation Policy: until 9 days before Tour date and time free cancellation/ 8-4 days before 50 % /from 3 days before we will charge 100%
– Small group tour in English with licensed guide
– Available from Tuesday to Sunday
– Available for vegetarian, vegan, glucose and lactose intolerants on request; let us know about it!
– Please note that places visited are subject to change, mostly due to the weekly closing of the shops
* when possible due to weather conditions